White Ribbon Day - 25 November 2017
The vision at White Ribbon Australia is that all women live in safety, free from all forms of men’s violence.
The victims of violence are not merely statistics: they are our wives, sisters, mothers, daughters, aunties, friends and colleagues.
White Ribbon Day is a means to speak out and act to stop violence against women, and to safely and effectively to challenge the attitudes and behaviours of a minority of men who use or condone violence against women.
White Ribbon Australia works through primary prevention initiatives involving awareness raising, education and programs with youth, schools, workplaces and across the broader community.
We’re proudly supporting White Ribbon Day by helping raise awareness of the prevalence, impact and indicators of domestic violence, so that all women in our community feel safe and supported.
Please join us in wearing your white ribbon on White Ribbon Day on 25 November 2017, to help prevent violence against women before it happens.
Why You Should Care – The Facts
- Over 12 months, on average, one woman is killed every week as a result of intimate partner violence.
- Domestic and family violence is the principle cause of homelessness for women and their children.
- One in three women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by someone known to them.
What can you do to stop this violence?
- Lead by example, by becoming a White Ribbon Ambassador or Advocate
- Take the White Ribbon Oath
- Wear a white ribbon on White Ribbon Day, 25 November 2017
to join thousands of people who are taking a stand.